« bah | Main | Nuclear Waste »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In Memoriam

Atriot and DM commenter Darryl Pearce died on February 19th, and I am utterly heartbroken, weeping.

Beloved father and husband, Darryl Glen Pearce passed away unexpectedly on Feb. 19, 2008.

Darryl was born in Lancaster, Calif., July 19, 1960, to Darryl Sr. and Veronica Pearce. Darryl lived in Camarillo for 15 years with his wife and two sons. Among his many interests, he actively participated in Civil War re-enactments. He enjoyed hiking, cooking and whenever possible, catching a ride aboard a tall-masted ship.

In lieu of flowers...

February 26, 2008 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference In Memoriam:

Comments

Oh, jeez, I hadn't read Atrios comments in forever. I hadn't heard he was sick, if he was sick at all.

I didn't even know him that well, and it still feels like quite a shock... :(

Posted by: Scott | Feb 27, 2008 12:24:39 AM

Man, this shit is totally fucked up. A fucking shame.

Godspeed. . .

Posted by: munkihaid | Feb 27, 2008 12:47:25 AM

Dang, that's a loss. Sorry you're taking it so hard, friend. You're a good guy, Pritsky.

Long time since we connected; drop me a line if you like.

Posted by: Thersites D. Scott | Feb 27, 2008 10:30:03 AM

and the world gets just a little colder and stupider.

white light to all his friends and family.

Posted by: r@d@r | Feb 27, 2008 11:32:29 AM

Such terribly sad news--Darryl was a good man. Prayers to his family and many friends.

Posted by: Donna Marie | Feb 27, 2008 1:50:21 PM

I thought about Darryl all day. Life's not fair, dammit.

merci NTodd for posting this splendid photo of him

sniff, sniff

Posted by: plum p | Feb 27, 2008 6:38:50 PM

Another picture from his site, a bit more light hearted.

Posted by: MikeJ | Feb 27, 2008 7:04:12 PM

One of my favorite posters. One of the few I would actually slow down and read every word. Great sense of humor, great intellect and very spot-on in such a spartan way.

Posted by: TinyPorcelainMouse | Feb 27, 2008 7:05:40 PM

Very sorry to hear about this. Good-humoured, intelligent comments.
There's also a note about him at Orcinus too.

Posted by: P. Drano | Feb 27, 2008 7:25:51 PM

Hey, NTodd, I'm so sorry.

It's been a rough year for you. Please take good care of yourself, kiddo.

Posted by: thepoliticalcat | Feb 27, 2008 9:18:01 PM

Damn. I looked forward to Darryl's comments because they were unpredictable and always, always interesting. Born in 1960? Damn, I was born in 1948. It just isn't FAIR. R.I.P., Darryl; we'll miss you.

Posted by: Steve Bates | Feb 28, 2008 3:58:19 AM

Todd, it was good to see an updated picture of you. You've lost some weight and have a little more gray in your beard than you used to, but I see you still like to wear funny little hats. The rifle in your hand is a little alarming though, especially for a usually peaceful individual, but perhaps you are getting ready to put a shot between W's eyes (which I do not consider a violent act but an act of mercy for the rest of the country) or maybe the vermin in your yard are just out of control.

Posted by: Mortski | Feb 28, 2008 8:16:40 AM

Mort - I'm going to shoot you with my musket, take your wife and kids as my own, and remember you fondly on the the first anniversary, though my memories of you will fade over time.

Posted by: NTodd | Feb 28, 2008 11:48:51 PM