« My Three Batshit Insane Girlfriends | Main | Hard Work »

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Catextravaganza

The Cardboard Curtain remains in place for now to allow the New Kidz a buffer, and I'll keep them in their room when I can't monitor interaction, but in general they are now free to mingle.

Thus far Lo ain't impressed with freedom.

Lo finally gets the traditional Mex greeting.

While Mex's attention is drawn to Vin's foray beyond the DMZ, Lo does what kittens do.

Kalya and Vin get better acquainted.

Vin discovers the joys of Sam's Favorite Step.

Long ago when Sam didn't have to share his step.

Well, he hasn't sat there much of late anyway, so I'm sure he'll share.

Back to the present: Sam officially meets Lo.

The Boy did let the younguns know who's boss with a few hisses and growls, which made Vin go immediately submissive.

Sam might not be entirely pleased with his new charges, but their first face-to-face went off without incident.

Let the games begin!

September 29, 2006 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Friday Catextravaganza:

Comments

lovely lovely. muchas gracias amigo.

Posted by: mestizo | Sep 29, 2006 5:33:37 PM

"Rookies... Shit!" - Sam
I've seen that look before.

Posted by: bo | Sep 29, 2006 5:40:57 PM

A most needed parade of joy on an otherwise joyless day.
Thank you Ntodd!

Posted by: | Sep 29, 2006 5:44:18 PM

I love Kayla and Mex, and the Kittie Kidz are adorable, but I must say the Sam is absolutely stunning.

Posted by: Bunter | Sep 29, 2006 6:01:49 PM

i love kitties. what great pix.

Posted by: barbie2be | Sep 29, 2006 6:04:22 PM

Oh, what a huge relief!!!

My god, those kittens are obscenely cute. Kayla looks like she's resigned to the role of den mother.

Posted by: watertiger | Sep 29, 2006 6:16:41 PM

Oh, the cuteness! It is to go into a diabetic coma for!

Posted by: Buckeye, Dealer of Rare Coins | Sep 29, 2006 6:18:35 PM

Excellent kittens!

Posted by: Tena | Sep 29, 2006 6:22:14 PM

wonderful kitties -- the world is not yet too far gone

Posted by: nyclept | Sep 29, 2006 6:22:29 PM

I didn't know you got new babies! They're adorable. And so lucky....

Posted by: mena | Sep 29, 2006 6:22:33 PM

Too Cute.

By the way:

"Cleveland, OH (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Cleveland courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Cleveland Browns, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone."

Posted by: jac | Sep 29, 2006 6:25:43 PM

...you are so bad for me.

My cat, Nova, is sixteen years old and can't stand our new cat, Caeser! (now seven months) And yes, there is an exclaimation point after his name.

My dog, Phoenix, is close to fourteen and is finally laying comfortably with the Caeser! as he cuddles with the dog's furry coat.

Posted by: Darryl Pearce | Sep 29, 2006 6:27:53 PM

make a book about Sam and his brothers and sisters please, and send it on down to me. pretty please?

emmy loves sam

Posted by: emily | Sep 29, 2006 6:32:35 PM

Emily's comment is as adorable as the babies are! So sweet.

Posted by: shayera | Sep 29, 2006 6:36:28 PM

Lo is my new favorite. Don't tell Sam, please.

Posted by: hecatedemetersdatter | Sep 29, 2006 7:49:40 PM

It's great to see the whole family together.

Posted by: fiat lux | Sep 29, 2006 7:52:11 PM

Some women get baby-hunger; I've got must-snuggle-that-kitten-hunger. Adorable kitties! Thanks for the pictures.

Posted by: emma | Sep 29, 2006 7:55:48 PM

These kittens are the best! Love to see the old pics of Sam, too -- he was a handsome young'un, grown into adult felinehood and power.

I'm trying not to play favorites. Each of your critters has his/her own specialness and I am endlessly entertained!

Posted by: Sandy-LA 90034 | Sep 29, 2006 8:08:15 PM

oh too cute.

I'm glad the introductions went well.

Posted by: geoduck2 | Sep 29, 2006 8:32:56 PM

That must be a yawn, but Lo looks like he is laughing in the first shot. Maybe about tricking you into thinking he was a she?

Posted by: ellroon | Sep 29, 2006 8:35:54 PM

Oh boy, are you sure you aren't a country doctor? These made me feel good even on such a gray-area day.

The race goes on.

thank you for your peaceful exhuberance.

I took a drive out in the country today and thought of you and the kidz, and chris clarke and zeke and all the other animal folks i know.

Posted by: lavalamp | Sep 29, 2006 10:18:07 PM

Kittens may have an edge, but Sam is still the cutest one.

Your dogs have wonderful ears.

Posted by: Lesley | Sep 29, 2006 11:49:26 PM

Lola, or Lo, is certainly having a good laugh in that first pic.

Maybe you should rename him Lol?

Posted by: Polly | Sep 30, 2006 2:57:26 AM

Just stumbled across this via Neil Shakespeare's site - we got two black and white male littermates a little over twelve years ago, and named them Rico and Simba. The photos of your little guys brings back memories! Simba died this summer, but we still have Rico.
Something about black and white shorthairs - I had one named Natasha who lived to be almost 22.
All of them have been nutty sweethearts. Have fun!

Posted by: isabelita | Sep 30, 2006 2:45:35 PM

Priceless pics, NTodd. Creatures like those almost made me feel good about the world! Do you think you could arrange for all of them to give lessons in diplomacy to the human alleged leaders whose job is diplomacy?

Posted by: Steve Bates | Oct 1, 2006 11:36:32 AM