« To The Many | Main | NToddathon: The Begging Begins In Earnest »

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bionic Homecoming Photoblogging

Well, no pics of bionic knees, but...

NTodd's Folks have a couple new Bengal kittens, who apparently grew quite a bit since Mom's surgery on the 9th!

Meet Bo and Charlie, and reacquaint yourself with The Boyz, Intersection and Not The Intersection below the fold...

I thought they'd gotten a couple Savannahs, but apparently came home with these guys instead because the cats they'd originally wanted had been scooped up.

This is Boris.

I guess a bird caught Bo's eye.

This is Charles, who is a week younger than his brother and quite a bit smaller.

Charlie attacks my Birks.

Can you believe I started this dippy little project almost 2 years ago?

For old time's sake I decided to shoot the original Intersection spot.

Such a gorgeous day--the only one this Memorial Day Weekend--I figured I might as well take some Not The Intersection pictures, too:

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs...

One of myriad garage/lawn sales in Fairfax and pretty much all over.

From the Vermont Food Venture Center.

Lots of people fish along the Lamoille, which is just over the hill.

Looking up 104 toward the new Intersection spot.

And now The Boyz:

Mex at the new Bye-Bye Place, where he can watch me as I drive off, just before I headed over to NTodd's Folks'.

Sam keeps cool under the deck as Mex and I head to The Meadow after I got home.

NTodd's Pa's Bionic Wife is doing really well with her new knee.  Still a long haul on Recovery Road, but it is astounding that she's moving about and standing straight (with a little help from her walker).

May 28, 2006 | Permalink

Comments

So do comment posts count as hits here? Or do I hafta keep reloading the main page?

Just trying to help out.

Love the shot of Charles (he looks like a Charlie, not a Charles). What big eyes you have.

Happy Homecoming NTodd's Pa's Wife!! Try not to step on any kitten tails with the walker.......

Posted by: flory | May 28, 2006 5:53:47 PM

Welcome home, NTodd's pa's wife! Keep working that knee, girl.

Posted by: Diane | May 28, 2006 7:23:58 PM

Welcome home, NTodd's Pa's Wife!

Love yer kittens. They're beeee-yootiful.

Sam should worry.

Posted by: watertiger | May 28, 2006 9:40:28 PM

I'm confused. Is NTodd's pa's wife your Mom? Or step-Mom? And if the former, why do you call her that?

Posted by: lea-p | May 29, 2006 12:24:44 AM

Ah, kitten attack! Very charming faces. Shows how much Sam has grown up in the last year.

NTodd Pa's Wife, may your knee mend quickly and let you sprint about the place!

Posted by: ellroon | May 29, 2006 1:00:56 AM

Get well soon, NTodd Pa's Wife! All the better to chase the kittens around the house!
---
Hi babies! Welcome to the world. They are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Aren't Savannahs kind of big and semi-wild? Or am I confusing them with another breed?

Posted by: geoduck2 | May 29, 2006 2:23:18 AM

What I wanna know is, when you shoot The Intersection, have you got the spot on the sidewalk/road marked with an "X" (in red duct tape or something) so you'll get the same angle every time? If so, how do the city fathers feel about that? ;)

Posted by: Linkmeister | May 29, 2006 3:06:13 AM

lea-p: Wife is indeed NTodd's Ma; I have no idea how the current moniker became the standard.

geoduck2: Savannahs are a cross between wild Servals and domestic cats, including Bengals. The males are actually sterile for the first 4 or 5 generations. They are a larger cat than most.
Bengals are also originally from a wild and domestic pairing, this time the Asian Leopard Cat. They've been around a bit longer than the Savannahs, so they are more well known.

Everyone: Thanks for the kind words for Wife/Ma!

Posted by: NTodd's Pa | May 29, 2006 7:22:06 AM

Mother Thersites has *two* bionic knees! Not to freak you out, but apparently when the bad one is replaced, the good one sort of sucks by comparison.

Posted by: NYMary | May 29, 2006 9:09:08 AM

Yeah, NYMary. Ma's other knee already sucked before the surgery, so we are "looking forward" to another round of this stuff before the end of the year.

Posted by: NTodd's Pa | May 29, 2006 9:16:43 AM

Thanks to each of you for the well wishes. It has been an interesting three weeks being institutionalized, first in the hospital then in a nursing home cum rehab center. An exercise in protecting the self from necessary depersonalization...

As for the NTodd's Pa's Wife thing, that is an 'in' joke -- mostly to myself -- about not having an identity apart from my relationships. In actuality, I'm rather assertive, sometimes abrasively so, and have worked overzealously to be an individual who is more than just a chronically ill person. I was also putting emphasis on the centrality of NTodd in the blogsphere. Aren't you glad you asked??!!

Posted by: NTodd's Pa's wife | May 29, 2006 10:08:28 AM

PS The new Bengal kittens are named after Pa's and Pa's Wife's fathers, Boris and Charles, respectively. No particular reason, though a memorial of sorts to both of whom are deceased.

Posted by: NTodd's Pa's wife | May 29, 2006 10:15:50 AM

I was also putting emphasis on the centrality of NTodd in the blogsphere.

Because we all know NTodd would get lost in the blogosphere if he didn't have Mom to push him along. Being such a shy and retiring only child and all........:)

Posted by: flory | May 29, 2006 1:55:18 PM

Yea! Let's have lots of future pictures of the kittens!

Mr. Geo's father and his brother both had knee operations w/ screws put in. It's been working great for them.

My father in law even took my niece snowboarding on his new knee. (Maybe that wasn't the best idea. But he didn't hurt his knee.)

Posted by: geoduck2 | May 29, 2006 4:58:56 PM