« Bionic Homecoming Photoblogging | Main | Ask Yourself »

Sunday, May 28, 2006

NToddathon: The Begging Begins In Earnest

Okay folks, here's the deal.  DM is at 408,273 visits, which is 10,794 shy of the vaunted 419,067 milestone I want to reach by my third blogversary on June 14th.  Sadly, that will require an average of 600 daily visits, and I'm currently clocking in at 549 a day, so it looks like the goal is juuuuuust out of reach.  Unless...

So please tell all your friends to visit.  If you have a blog, pimp the holy fuck out of NToddathon.  If you have a fulltime job, take the next coupla weeks off and just reload this little piece of shit site as often as you can without requiring medical treatment.  If you believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa, Jesus, Kali or whatever, pray to them and ask for help.  Hell, if they can give the Steelers a goddamned Superbowl Championship, they should be worth a few thousand hits.

Should I not reach my lofty, worthy goal, I'll throw a big temper tantrum that only an only child could muster.  We could avoid this if that Wanker Atrios Who Never, Ever Links To Me would, you know, link to me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and continued readership.

May 28, 2006 | Permalink

Comments

I am all too happy to comply!

Posted by: Jeffraham Prestonian | May 28, 2006 5:22:34 PM

I so do NOT want to see that tantrum..... I'll be getting carpal tunnel just to preclude it.
:-)

Posted by: Sarah Deere | May 28, 2006 5:35:40 PM

I'll be right beside you Sarah!! Sprained fingers for NTodd!!

Oh....wait......

PS. Pitchers of boyz are surefire hits.....

Posted by: flory | May 28, 2006 5:44:15 PM

A goal. You have a goal? I always thunk you had as a goalorientedsort, with all the bells and whistles that go with goals, like goalies, goaltenders, goaders: sure I'll pound a few key keys to support you in your quest..I have no links, no hope no ambition,(ah, Henry Miller wrote divinely didn't he) to give more muscle to your goal,

Posted by: hibb | May 28, 2006 5:58:00 PM

I shall do my part, old son. And not because I fear your temper tantrum, but rather because I too am appalled that Atrios doesn't link to this site.

So there.

Posted by: Diane | May 28, 2006 6:05:12 PM

This may be one of those things I'm sorry I asked but what is the significance of the 419067 hits you're shooting for?

Your date of birth?

It strikes me as such an odd milestone I know there must be some reason for it.

Posted by: Nora | May 28, 2006 6:20:00 PM

this is my first visit, but I must say that your pathetic begging is so very, very, very attractive.

You must be very popular with the ladies.

Posted by: epoh | May 28, 2006 6:24:41 PM

OK, that's the last straw, NTodd. Not only do you keep spurning my advances, now you're threatening me with a temper tantrum if I don't blogwhore for you.

Not only am I not going to do anything to help you reach your goal, I'm going to start telling people to stay away from this here corner of Left Blogistan until July.

So there.

Neener, neener, neener.

Posted by: Michael | May 28, 2006 6:36:18 PM

There might be some way of, ah, manipulating your site meter? Just to simplify, of course.

Posted by: Drano | May 28, 2006 6:52:05 PM

All - thanks.

Nora - It was a completely arbitrary goal since I knew I couldn't hit 500k.

epoh - I hope you're a lady because I find your comment so very, very, very attractive.

Michael - okay, okay, you can give me a hummer and try to earn that toaster.

Posted by: NTodd | May 28, 2006 7:52:52 PM

I liked my explanation better. But if it's totally arbitrary, can't you just change it to make sure that you reach the goal?

I used to practice criminal law; I'm used to redefining "success", since many of my court-appointed clients were not only guilty but stupid and guilty (i.e., very likely to be convicted at trial).

Posted by: Nora | May 28, 2006 8:10:57 PM

Sorry to disappoint.

And I can't change the goal: I have Integritude™.

Posted by: NTodd | May 28, 2006 8:36:43 PM

And I can't change the goal: I have Integritude™.

Except, apparently, when it comes to getting hit on by gay guys ;-9

Posted by: Michael | May 28, 2006 8:44:03 PM

huff, huff....eight....puffff...nine.....whew......TEN.

o.k. I've added ten plus the original check-in (makes 11). Let's see, how many more do we need??????

Posted by: Sandy-LA 90034 | May 28, 2006 8:48:10 PM

Not only did I pimp your blog, I also pimped Winding Roads.

Do I get double brownie points?

Posted by: Kath | May 28, 2006 10:24:33 PM

Dude, I'm in. I'm just some know-nothing, says-less wench from Eschatonland, but I like what you have to say (and show). So you'll get my daily clicks and a few more for good measure.

Posted by: jezebel | May 28, 2006 10:59:25 PM

I don't believe you do have Integritude™. Didn't you refuse to sign the Pledge of Integrellegiance?

So you could move the goalposts, if you wanted.

Or you could keep begging.

Whatevs.......

Posted by: flory | May 29, 2006 12:05:34 AM

sweetie, pardon my brain fart but, who DM?? Aren't you on Atrios' blogroll anymore? I had great traffic when I was on the blogroll. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :) I'll be glad to help with your mission, as long as you remain pantless.

Posted by: Desi | May 29, 2006 12:44:22 AM

Added another 10 (or was it 8? 12?) I'm losing track! Do I get a prize?

Posted by: Sandy-LA 90034 | May 29, 2006 12:45:02 AM

Ok, I'm gonna be devil's advocate here. In the interest of science, I think there needs to be an observable NTodd tempter tantrum. The previous 400K hits can be the control group.

Posted by: Linkmeister | May 29, 2006 3:00:11 AM

Er, "temper." "Tempter" is a little too Satanic, even for me.

Posted by: Linkmeister | May 29, 2006 3:01:12 AM

flory - I have Intregritudisousnessicity precisely because I haven't signed The Pledge.

Desi - yeah, I'm blogrolled, but I've spent the last few weeks mericilessly giving Atrios shit, which I'm sure he hasn't even fucking noticed, for never, ever linking to me on the frontpage. That, BTW, is a total lie, but I feel entitled.

Posted by: NTodd | May 29, 2006 11:06:47 AM

So, does hitting "reload" or "refresh" up the count? I do that all day long! And have done so from your very start, lo these many years ago. I certainly have earned a kitty for all that loyalty, no? Ha!

And hey, you are TOO on the eschaton blogroll. You've always been there. You're just way down the list, nicely situated between the General and needlenose. In a heterosexual manly way, of course.

Posted by: lea-p | May 29, 2006 12:20:07 PM

Hiya! Julia (Sissyphus) sent me, and I've found it prudent to do everything she tells us. I fervently hope you reach your arbitrary goal.

BTW, was there ever an ATodd - MTodd? And, if so, what happened to them?

Posted by: tikistitch | May 29, 2006 12:37:44 PM

Best of luck!

Posted by: phd | May 29, 2006 12:41:54 PM

Michael - okay, okay, you can give me a hummer and try to earn that toaster.

What is that? You're promising Michael a hummer? What am I, chopped liver? I saw you first, and I know where you left the bodies in Perrysburg!

BTW, Shakespeare's Sister hit a million last Friday. So...we all have goals, dreams, and ... oh the hell with it. I'll be back as often as I can. Stop by my place once in a while.

Posted by: Mustang Bobby | May 29, 2006 12:49:25 PM

I want to see an actual picture of you begging. Then maybe I'll consider joining the reloadingpalooza. ;)

Posted by: catnip | May 29, 2006 1:52:59 PM

MB - well, Michael offered. Seems rude to say no.

catnip - uh...it might just come to that!

Posted by: NTodd | May 29, 2006 2:31:53 PM

Bobby, you already have the toaster oven. I'm just trying to get a set of steak knives.

Posted by: Michael | May 29, 2006 6:16:36 PM

My second car was named Kali, so I'm in. (and no, it didn't kill anyone).

Posted by: Buhruce | May 30, 2006 7:30:59 AM

attaturk told me I had to come over here. Now I'll have to go back and ask him why.

;-)

Posted by: semper fubar | May 30, 2006 7:55:58 AM

Hey! I want to know why, in your description, it doesn't say anything about you not wearing pants. I bet you'd draw a lot more visitors if you included that. A picture would be a nice accessory.

Posted by: sister of ye | May 30, 2006 9:36:59 AM

consider yourself pimped (sorry i'm a couple of days late. i was away)

Posted by: upyernoz | May 30, 2006 2:57:03 PM

If you want a link from Atrios, just post at Think Progress. That'll work for sure...

Posted by: Samurai Sam | May 31, 2006 12:11:30 PM