« Paying The Price | Main | Take My Wife...Please! »

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Catblogging

It's been a rough few weeks for Sam: the NSA eavesdropping on him, a new dog bothering him, and now Mommy abandoning him. You'd take your frustrations out on your George Bush voodoo doll too...

January 27, 2006 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Friday Catblogging:

» Friday Ark #71 from Modulator
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....? We will add you... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 28, 2006 10:01:41 PM

Comments

Man, you must have some fast shit. Reflexes, too. Every time I try to shoot my katz in action, the pics come out looking like someone sneezed orange snot on the prints. Practice, practice practice. . .I know. I really must go digital, eh?

Great subject, too. Give him a tummy grab for me.

Posted by: munkihaid | Jan 27, 2006 5:08:14 PM

DM readers...

I'm just going to jump in here and mention that NTodd played a big role in helping me through a bad break up in 1998. He let me live in his house and chill far from everything and hang out with Saffron while Todd was away for work. I was there for 4 1/2 months and it really helped me get my bearings. It was the worst summer of my life so far (not just the break-up, there was family and work stuff too).

Ironically, that was also the summer that Stef came to live in Fletcher and Stef was my only companion for much of that time (and I hers I imagine as Todd was gone a lot).

My first date as a couple with my girlfriend Emily was Todd and Stef's wedding, so I feel somewhat connected to that relationship and I'm sad to see it end.

I hope there's some way I can repay some of the debt (both literal and figurative) that I owe our favorite political/pet blogger.

Hang in there, pal.

Posted by: Bill Simmon | Jan 27, 2006 5:13:14 PM

Color me skeptical, but that looks suspiciously like a Spiderman doll. You let the cat play with your dolls NTodd?

Posted by: Rook | Jan 27, 2006 6:39:45 PM

Think that's the Bush doll, look at Sam's expression of disgust.

Besides, Bush is obviously wearing his patriotic non-wimpified holier-than-thou evil-doer repeller red state shoes.

Bite hard, Sam! Fang it to death!

Posted by: ellroon | Jan 27, 2006 7:18:30 PM

"Awww Sam,

But it's hard to be the presidient. It's hard work to follow the laws! Ouch!"

(the toy mumbles as Sam takes a nice big bite.)

Posted by: geoduck2 | Jan 27, 2006 9:24:09 PM

munk - digital SLR is the way to go. Without the fast shutter, excellent control and raw storage (which lets me shoot 8 bazillion pics to catch what I want), I'd be useless.

Bill - you're a good friend.

Rook - I don't let Sam play with my Spidey.

ellroon - Sam knows he'd be a better preznit than the fuckwit in charge.

geo - we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Posted by: NTodd | Jan 28, 2006 1:03:11 AM

That's my boy! Sam looks positively ferocious!

Posted by: Sandy-LA 90034 | Jan 28, 2006 3:16:52 AM

Sam is such an anarchist - love it! Where do I get a dubya toy for my guys? (I will definitely get one extra for myself!)

Posted by: eva | Jan 28, 2006 8:37:07 AM

Sandy - the boy's just glad he get to play with his toys sometimes--Mex has claimed them in addition to hording Cairo's.

eva - FatCatInc has a whole line of politician toys. BTW, a clearer shot of Bush here...

Posted by: NTodd | Jan 28, 2006 8:57:14 AM

We have the Tick Crackler. I see on the site it's now retired, I will tell the cats it's a valuable collector's item. The kitten Ailill runs about the house with it gripped in his fangs, very cute - it's bigger than his head. I need to get a Bush one, I'd love seeing him being dragged hither and yon, pierced in the gut.

But really, no toy can compare to a red plastic bottle cap. He is unimpressed with white ones.

Posted by: muddy | Jan 28, 2006 10:51:34 AM

It makes me laugh out loud to think about poor Sam getting some of his own back after all he put Saffron through!

Posted by: Sandy-LA 90034 | Jan 28, 2006 12:13:27 PM

Go Sam!!

Chomp harder. Right between the legs....yeah right there.

Oh? There's nothing there? D'oh.....

Posted by: flory | Jan 28, 2006 2:09:06 PM