« Cost Redux | Main | Wednesday Rasmussenblogging »

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm Dreaming Of A White Fitzmas

Our woods.  Heavy, wet snow knocked out our power and telephone, and there were lots of down trees on the route I took into town.

I hope the popcorn crop hasn't been damaged--we're gonna need a lot before Fitzmas is over.

The picnic season is now officially over, methinks.

October 26, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I'm Dreaming Of A White Fitzmas:

Comments

very nice pics, little whore. from one whore to another, i hope all our dreams come true.

Posted by: chicago dyke | Oct 26, 2005 10:35:05 AM

Posted by: chicago dyke | Oct 26, 2005 10:35:51 AM

Hmmm, Hallowe'en in the snow...?

Posted by: Darryl Pearce | Oct 26, 2005 10:54:18 AM

Oh, those are lovely. And for me, the perfect way to admire snow: long distance and through a monitor.

Posted by: shayera | Oct 26, 2005 10:58:24 AM

I especially like the last pic.

Snow up there means that in RI, it'll soon be teh slushy.

Posted by: Jay C. | Oct 26, 2005 11:38:36 AM

My dog can finally uncross his legs - he hates to go out in the rain, but loves to go out in the snow. He was amazed and relieved (literally) when it changed from one to the other in the space of ten minutes.

Posted by: muddy | Oct 26, 2005 12:25:40 PM

We lost power too, and are still without. Which bites.

Posted by: Thers | Oct 26, 2005 2:11:24 PM

I think it was Milton’s Paradise Lost that says when the angels were cast from heaven they fell like autumn leaves on to a lake of fire.
Well it looks like Bush's angels are falling on to the cold, frozen snow.

Posted by: michaelw | Oct 26, 2005 3:01:07 PM

I have power but no snow. I want a White Fitzmas! Hell, I just want Fitzmas ... I want to open my presents NOW!

Posted by: blogenfreude | Oct 26, 2005 5:52:24 PM

Another summer of NOT BICYCLING has gone by! Guess you have no choice now but to do some more of your SCRODcasts. Bet you'll have a good one when WILSON AND PLAME are indicted!!!

Posted by: Trolly McTrollenstein | Oct 26, 2005 6:32:45 PM

Lovely photos. Here's an interesting photo exhibit I stumbled across.

Posted by: Karin | Oct 26, 2005 9:09:35 PM

I'd like to buy a copy of the 'picnic in the foliage and snow' scene, to remember the freak storm that took down eight of our large trees, assuming you make it available at Winding Roads.

Posted by: NTodd's Pa's wife | Oct 27, 2005 5:49:11 PM